The final company is estimated at 68 billion dollars
Analog Devices and Maxim Integrated, major manufacturers of integrated circuits for analog, digital, and mixed-signal processing, have announced a deal that will result in a company valued at $ 68 billion.
Analog Devices buys Maxim Integrated for more than $ 20 billion
Under the terms of the agreement, Maxim Integrated shareholders will receive 0.63 Analog Devices shares for each Maxim Integrated share they hold at the time of the transaction. As a result, the current shareholders of Analog Devices will own approximately 69% of the final company, and the remaining 31% will be held by the current shareholders of Maxim Integrated.
The operation is supposed to be performed in the form of an exchange of shares, which will allow it to be carried out as a tax-free reorganization. For calculations, the current value of Maxim Integrated shares with a premium of 22% was adopted, so the total transaction amount exceeds $ 20 billion. This is the largest acquisition in this market segment.