improves networking and refresh
MediaTek Dimensity 1000 Plus is official: it is the refresh of the top-of-the-range SoC announced towards the end of last year, in which it improves slightly and there is support for higher display refresh rates. Briefly, the highlights are as follows:
- Maximum supported display refresh: 144 Hz in 1080p resolution. Dimensity 1000 reached 120 Hz, always in FHD, or 90 Hz at QHD resolution.
- New technologies added to HyperEngine 2:
- Resource Management Engine: the management of system resources (mainly fixed and volatile memory, CPU and GPU) is optimized to ensure the maximum fluidity and stability possible when running video games
- Networking Engine updated to allow the modem to simultaneously manage audio and data streams – in other words, the connection to mobile networks remains active even during a call
- Smart Switch from 4G network to 5G network and vice versa based on the needs of the apps in use, so as to minimize energy consumption without compromising the user experience
- Rapid Response Engine: minimizes input lag with wireless devices, ensures the coexistence of multiple devices simultaneously, reduces interference and enables simultaneous transmission of Wi-Fi and Bluetooth signals
At the moment MediaTek has not yet shared the precise technical details of the new SoC, but we expect that the structure will basically remain the same. It is easy to expect slightly higher refresh rates, and maybe a few more cores in the GPU. For convenience, we recall the main specifications of Dimensity 1000: for those who want to deepen our article written at the time of the launch is always available.
- Octa-core CPU, with four Arm Cortex-A77 cores (max 2.6 GHz and four Arm Cortex-A55 cores (max 2 GHz)
- Arm Mali-G77 GPU
- 5G modem integrated directly into the SoC and the world’s first dual 5G SIM
MediaTek says Dimensity 1000 Plus will hit the market ” soon “.