It costs $ 399
Samyang has unveiled the AF 35mm f / 1.8 FE full-frame autofocus lens, which will also be available under the Rokinon brand. Its optical design incorporates two extra-low dispersion elements and two aspherical elements to suppress chromatic and spherical aberration while achieving sharpness throughout the frame. Ultra Multi-Coating helps increase contrast and reduce the risk of flare and ghosting when shooting against the light. The linear motor provides fast, quiet, and accurate focusing. The focus ring can be used both for manual focus correction and for selecting camera and exposure settings, for which there is a dedicated mode switch.
Samyang AF 35mm f / 1.8 FE pre-orders started
Samyang AF 35mm f / 1.8 FE lens specifications:
- Focal length – 35 mm (EGF 52.5 mm when used with APS-C cameras);
- Optical design – 10 elements in 8 groups;
- Aperture – f / 1.8-f / 22;
- The minimum focusing distance is 0.29 m;
- The maximum magnification is 0.17x;
- The number of diaphragm blades – 9, rounded;
- Filter installation diameter – 58 mm;
- Diameter – 65 mm;
- Length – 63.5 mm;
- Weight – 210 g.
The lens costs $ 399. For comparison, recall that a similar Sony FE 35mm F1.8 lens, which went on sale about a year ago, costs about 830 dollars.