Because of him, the game will not be released on Xbox until at least the end of the year.
The game Baldur’s Gate 3, which has already become the highest rated game of all , as you know, has not yet been released on the Xbox due to the limited features of the Series S. It turned out that even on Steam Deck, a feature that became a problem for developers in the case of a younger console works Microsoft.
It’s about the split screen feature. It allows two players to play on the same device at the same time. By default, the developers have disabled this feature for Steam Deck, but the craftsmen have already found a way to activate it. And everything works.
Baldur’s Gate 3 split-screen launches on handheld console
The method is very simple:
- Connect the second controller to the Steam Deck via Bluetooth.
- Go to Baldur’s Gate 3 in the Steam Library.
- Select “Properties”.
- Scroll down to Launch Options.
- Enter text: SteamDeck=0 %command%.
- Launch Baldur’s Gate 3 with the Vulkan API.
- Press “Start” on the second controller during the game.
Of course, on a small game console screen, this mode hardly makes sense, but it is worth remembering that Steam Deck can be connected to a monitor or TV.