The manufacturer warned that due to the spread of COVID-19, the start of deliveries may be delayed.
As expected, Tamron introduced the 70-180mm F / 2.8 Di III VXD (Model A056) lens, which the Japanese manufacturer announced the development of last September.
A telephoto lens with a constant maximum aperture is designed for full-frame mirrorless cameras with Sony E mount. Its sales should begin on May 14, 2020, at a recommended price of $ 1,199. However, the manufacturer makes a reservation that due to the distribution of COVID-19, deliveries may be delayed.
The lens description has a compact and lightweight design and compatibility with filters with a diameter of 67 mm – in this regard, the new lens is similar to the previously released models 17-28mm F / 2.8 (Model A046) and 28-75mm F / 2.8 (Model A036). Silent and fast automatic focusing is provided by a system with two linear VXD drives (Voice-coil eXtreme-Torque Drive). The lens is weatherproof and its front element has a coating that repels moisture and dirt.
Specifications of the Tamron 70-180mm F / 2.8 Di III VXD (Model A056) lens:
- Focal length – 70-180 mm;
- Field of view angle – 13 ° 42′-34 ° 21 ‘;
- Optical design – 19 elements in 14 groups, including a total of six XLD (eXtra Low Dispersion) and LD (Low Dispersion) elements, as well as three GM (Glass Fould Aspherical) and hybrid aspherical elements;
- Aperture – f / 2.8-f / 22;
- The number of aperture blades is 9;
- The minimum focusing distance is 0.85 m (in the entire range of focal lengths with autofocus), 0.27 m (with a focal length of 70 mm and manual focus), 0.85 m (with a focal length of 180 mm and manual focus);
- The maximum magnification ratio is 1: 4.6 m (in the entire range of focal lengths with autofocus), 1: 2 (with a focal length of 70 mm and manual focus), 1: 4.6 m (with a focal length of 180 mm and manual focus) ;
- Filter installation diameter – 67 mm;
- Diameter – 81 mm;
- Length – 149 mm;
- Mass – 810 g