It costs 550 dollars
Lensbaby introduced the Velvet 28 lens, preliminary information about which appeared in late March.
Introduced Lensbaby Velvet 28 Lens
According to the manufacturer, a manually assembled lens with a metal body is designed for many types of photo and video shooting, including shooting landscapes and street scenes. A characteristic feature of the Velvet 28 is the “variable shine effect” familiar to users of other Velvet lenses. The advantages of the new items also include the ability to shoot on a 1: 2 scale.
The Velvet 28 lens comes in Canon EF, Nikon F, Canon RF, Nikon Z, Sony E, Fujifilm X, and Micro Four Thirds mounts. Note that the options for SLR and mirrorless cameras are quite different in size and weight. The lens variant for SLR cameras is shown in the top illustration, for mirrorless cameras in the bottom.
Lensbaby Velvet 28 Lens Specifications:
- Focal length – 28 mm;
- Optical design – 8 elements in 7 groups;
- Aperture – f / 2.5-f / 22 (you can open the aperture another 1/3 stop by turning the ring to the + sign after the 2.5 mark);
- The number of aperture blades – 12;
- The minimum focusing distance is 0.11 m; 0.14
- The maximum magnification is 0.5x;
- The landing diameter of the filter is 67 mm;
- Diameter – 72.4 mm;
- Length – 63.4 mm (option for SLR cameras), 88.9 mm (option for mirrorless cameras);
- Weight – 472 g (option for SLR cameras), 594 g (option for mirrorless cameras).
Sales begin today. The lens costs 550 dollars.