Last updated on December 8th, 2022 at 02:07 pm
- 0.1 Thanks to this new technology it is possible to project the screen of pc, tablet and smartphone on the home television. Discover Google Chromecast and how it works!
- 1 Google Chromecast: how to use it and how to configure it
- 2 How Google Chromecast works with Android and iOS
- 3 How Google Chromecast works with your PC
- 4 How Chromecast works with Google Home
- 5 How integrated Chromecast works – Google Chromecast setup
- 6 10 reasons why you should have Google Chromecast
- 7 Where to buy Google Chromecast
Thanks to this new technology it is possible to project the screen of pc, tablet and smartphone on the home television. Discover Google Chromecast and how it works!
How many times have you wished to watch your favourite movie at home, but on a big screen, just like in the cinema? Many, perhaps too many! To date, we tell you that yes, you can watch any program, film or TV series “on a large scale”, directly from the sofa in your living room thanks to the help of Google Chromecast. Chromecast, in fact, finally arrives in Italy and is very popular among fans of films and TV series: it is, from a practical point of view, a Google device that looks a lot like a stick for multimedia streaming and that connects to the HDMI port of the television.
Since its debut in our country, Google Chromecast, it has had great success among its consumers and it is not complicated to understand why. This is a great technological advance able to meet the expectations of young and old and, to date, it is available in three versions; the third version is the most updated.
Google Chromecast is highly appreciated by users because it is compatible with most streaming services: Tim Vision, Netflix, Infinity. Apps like Youtube, Spotify, Deezer and Napster are also perfectly compatible with Chromecast. Not only that, but Google Chromecast is also reconciled with the Google Home system, which allows different functions thanks to the use of voice commands. Not only that, but thanks to Google Chromecast it will also be very easy to navigate with Chrome and open different contents: videos, photos, music. Are you still undecided whether to buy it or not? We offer a quick guide to the features that Google Chromecast has. To you the choice!
Google Chromecast: how to use it and how to configure it
To start taking advantage of the many functions of Google Chromecast, you must first download the Chromecast app on your smartphone or tablet and enter the password provided to put the various devices in communication. Only at this point will you finally be able to watch films, TV programs, photos and videos that you usually have on tablets, PCs and smartphones on your home TV. The Google Chromecast consists of some very simple steps: in each pack, in addition to the keyboard, and an HDMI adapter to connect the Chromecast to your TV, the AC adapter with USB port and, of course, the instruction booklet.
After downloading the appropriate application, you need to click on the “devices” item and the Chromecast to be configured will appear at the top, then press “configure”. This way the device will disconnect from the Wi-Fi network to connect to the Wireless network created specifically for configuration. Subsequently, confirmation of the association code shown on the TV will be required; press “the code is displayed”. At this point, the app will ask the user whether to keep the default name or choose a new one: once the new name has been chosen, proceed by clicking “set name” to continue the configuration. The most important screen will now appear, that is, the one to configure access to the Wi-Fi network: it is necessary to choose the Wireless network from the proposed list, enter the password and click “set network”.
How Google Chromecast works with Android and iOS
After completing the first Google Chromecast setup, you are officially ready to find out how it works. If you want to use Chromecast with Android, in order to view the contents of your smartphone directly on the TV screen, all you have to do is connect the mobile phone to the same Wi-Fi network to which the Chromecast is connected, start the app among the compatible ones and press on the transmission icon.
In this way you can view any content from your smartphone or tablet on your television screen; to stop the transmission, however, start the Google Home app again and click “stop mirroring”. As for the use of Chromecast in relation to the iPhone, it is important to know that it is possible to transmit the contents of the mobile phone on the television screen, but not the telephone screen. As previously explained for the Android system, also for the iPhone it is necessary to start the application concerned and, after connecting the phone, you will press on the transmission icon to start playing the contents.
How Google Chromecast works with your PC
Chromecast Google works not only for Android and iOS but also for the computer. Through the “broadcast” function, in fact, it is possible to project multimedia contents, including audio, from the phone to the TV screen. A real convenience!
To start Chromecast from your home computer you need to start Google Chrome for Windows, macOS and Linux and click on the icon consisting of three dots: below “transmit” on the menu that appears. Then select the name associated with the Chromecast and you’re done. Furthermore, it is curious to know how some services, such as Youtube, Netflix and many others, allow you to start transmitting content by clicking on the wireless transmission icon.
How Chromecast works with Google Home
Even with Google Home, you can play content on your TV. The latter guarantees, in fact, the transmission of Netflix, Youtube, Infinity and Play Film contents using modern voice commands. Once the Google Home configuration is complete, you will need to start the app from your mobile phone by pressing the “settings” item. In this way, it will be possible to view the ” Google assistant services” section and just click on the “connect” option relating to the app concerned (Netflix, Youtube, Infinity).
Thanks to this interaction, therefore, it is possible to ask the voice assistant by voice to play a film, a video, a song, but also to stop and resume the playback itself. You will then be ready to start playing the chosen content through the help of voice commands. A real no-brainer!
How integrated Chromecast works – Google Chromecast setup
It is very curious to know that some televisions, such as Smart TVs from Philips, Sony, Toshiba, Sharp, are equipped with integrated Chromecast. But what is meant by “integrated”? It’s very simple: it means that to send a series of videos and audio to your home TV from tablet, PC or smartphone, you don’t need to buy the “physical” Chromecast.
In fact, all you need to do is connect the TV with Chromecast Integrated to the Internet and configure it using the Google Home app. In addition, we reveal a little secret: there is no difference between Chromecast and integrated Chromecast, as the procedure for mirroring the screen of your mobile device is identical to what is indicated in the previous paragraphs.
10 reasons why you should have Google Chromecast
Many wonders if everything we have talked about so far cannot be done by connecting the PC to the TV with an HDMI or VGA cable. The answer we feel we can give is very simple: yes, it is possible, but there is no comparison. Using Google Chromecast, in fact, the yield will be ten times better than with the help of a cable. At a cost of only € 39.00, you can save yourself wires and effort, as well as being able to directly control multiple functions: those connected to the Wi-Fi network have the right to operate, for example, a video without having to use the PC (which can remain off).
It will be one of the conveniences you can no longer give up, especially if you have children. Google Chromecast will become your best friend! In this regard, we have decided to draw up a list with at least ten reasons why Google Chromecast cannot be absolutely missing from your home.
- Google Chromecast can be a birthday gift, and not only, really appreciated and original. How many times have you gone around the shops looking for the perfect gift for a graduation or for Christmas? No fear! Google Chromecast is right for you. With a few euros, you will make a so-called “great figure”; almost the price of a banal perfume. And if the recipient has no idea what Google Chromecast is, have them read this article.
- It is ideal for kids who are crazy about cartoons. If you are very busy moms, Google Chromecast can give you a big hand: not only will make your little ones more pleasant to watch, but the mobile phone can remain off or busy in other functions. Also, last but not least, Google Chromecast will not harm your children’s eyesight.
- Speaking of children again, in the case of a multi-storey house, thanks to Google Chromecast, you can transmit the video of an IP camera directly to the TV. By doing this, you will be able to monitor your children constantly while doing household chores.
- Thanks to Videostream, an extension of Google Chromecast, you can play any audio or video file on your computer or smartphone on your home TV screen. Contrary to Bluetooth, distance is not a problem for content transmission: it is sufficient that the PC / smartphone and the TV to which the Chromecast is connected use the same Wi-Fi network.
- Another interesting feature of Google Chromecast is that it allows you to view any content open on Chrome on your TV. Just a simple click!
- Google+ perfectly integrates the Chromecast into its functions. Basically, using your mobile phone you can send Google+ content to the TV. Together, for a few months, voice commands and the “Ok Google” itself have been working in mirroring, as have games, favourite apps, music and e-mail.
- Are you passionate about football and sporting events? Then Google Chromecast is absolutely right for you and you can no longer do without it! From today you can broadcast your favourite games, in any language, on the screen of your home. We know you have been waiting for this news for some time!
- To date, there are many applications that exploit the Chromecast: from games to sports applications, to radio and movies. Therefore, directly on the screen of your TV, you will see the game and this certainly makes the activity more pleasant.
- It might seem obvious and trivial, but it is not: Google Chromecast can be an accessory to beautify your home. In moments of inactivity, in fact, it scans through the TV a series of naturalistic images very pleasing to the eye. In this way, it ensures a very relaxing atmosphere.
- Last but not least, why we suggest buying Google Chromecast is its price and the ease with which it mounts. The cost of this device, in fact, is really affordable for everyone: with only 39.00 euros, in fact, you will take home a real gem that will change your days. Another point in its favour is the ease with which it is assembled and used; the packaging is minimal, with the unmistakable Google style, and the content is not a very misunderstanding. Inside the box, you will find the Chromecast, a USB cable for power supply, wall adapter and the HDMI extension cable.
Where to buy Google Chromecast
Google Chromecast is sold on the official Google website at the modest price of 39.00 euros and is available in various colours: yellow, red, blue … And many others, for all tastes. It can also be purchased in the various stores that sell tech equipment, such as MediaWorld, Unieuro, Euronics and many others. A curiosity that we want to inform you is that you will not find Google Chromecast on Amazon, as the latter has decided, to boost its Fire TV production, not to market Chromecast or Apple anymore.
Shortly, according to official Google press releases, the app will be called Google Cast: it is only a change of name, as it will not change the way the device works. Google Cast will appear after the app has been officially updated, both on Android and iOS devices. With this article we hope to have convinced you to purchase Google Chromecast or, at least, have stimulated at least a little your curiosity about this device.
We would like to say that this support can also be useful to older people: nowadays, a large part of the multimedia content that can also affect a less advanced population is transmitted only on the Internet without the possibility of being enjoyed by the less young: with your grandparents will also be able to watch something different than the usual programs.
We believe that, with the times that go by, it is necessary to be always updated on the news that surrounds us and that it is important to keep up with technology to guarantee a better quality of life. And have you already found the Google Chromecast model that’s right for you?